Two children, aged four and two, lost their lives in a fire that gutted their apartment at Kabong area of Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State in Nigeria.
The kids were said to have been locked in a room by their mother, Talatu, a local beer seller in the area, who allegedly left them for an unknown destination till 2a.m. on Monday, when she returned to find her apartment burnt.
The mother of the deceased children could not be reached at press time, but a neighbour who did not want to be named, described the incident as sad.
The neighbour said: “Talatu abandoned the children in her room and went to confront her fiance, who had suddenly picked another lady to marry.
“She lit a candle before leaving. But before she returned, the candle had burnt low and lit the mattress. The children got burnt without anyone knowing.”
One of the children died in the inferno, while the other who was rushed to the hospital also gave up the ghost.
Source: Talk of Naija
FROM Da SOURCE by lnvisiblε NεtωorK™